RE: Air Lines-Choose Wisely!

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Air Lines-Choose Wisely!
From: kewl-sv1@juno.com
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 01:24:43 -0800
Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth...
I went to Home Depot(or HomeBase) and bought cheap clear plastic hose for
about 6 cents per foot.  It was rated to support 125psi, so I installed
it.  Within a month or so the air hose apparently got weak and burst,
which meant manually lifting the doors until I could fool around in the
air control box(a real pain in the neck if ya ask me) to replace it with
the air line used on big rigs for the air brakes.  If you're gonna
install air line, you might as well do it right the first time.  I did
the same job twice because I tried taking a shortcut (saving money).
There are places where it is good to shortcut, such as buying the $160
Thomas Compressor from Grainger.  I've had it for at least 6 months and
haven't had a problem with it.  If you are planning to take a shortcut,
it is a good idea to check things out first.  get info on both
candidates(the things youre buying) and post a note up the list to see if
anyone has had good or bad experience with it.  If no one else has used
it, there are people here on the list who can probably give a second
opinion as to which route to take based on experience etc.

Riley Marquis III
VIN 1758

Wish me luck, gang.  I gotta fix the connector for the headlamp switch,
recharge or replace the battery, and maybe even hotwire 1758 so I can
show proof of correction for that fix it ticket (the tail lights were not
working) before the April 4th deadline.