Some more comments...

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Some more comments...
From: tbenvie@bu.edu (Thomas M. Benvie)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 23:39:15 -0500

>I just bought a book titled "Bricklin" by H A Fredericks and Allan
>Chambers.  137 pages, it is all about the car and production problems.
>Some great pictures as well.  Anyone know about it?
========
No. Is it a recent book, or one written shortly after the shutdown?
========

Written in April, 1977.  Blue cover with a line art Bricklin on it, doors
open.  Pictures inside of the factory, frame being made, 5 cars on a car
carrier, parking lot outside factory filled with cars, and a local disc
jockey, Charles Russel,  and his album "The Bricklin and other sound
investments".

Haven't read it yet, though.  Just bought it on EBAY.

>I started to replace the water pump on my Bricklin today. The bolts are rusty
>and I rounded the heads on three of them. Anyone have a good suggestion for
>getting them out? I have tried drilling and using bolt extractors in the past,
>but have never had good luck with them. I think I once saw some special
>sockets which bite into the head of the bolt, but I can't remember where I saw
>them.

Try some Snap ON 6 point sockets.  Other cockets are chamfered at the
bottm, Snap On gives that extra little bit.  And if the bolts are 9/16, try
a 14mm 6 point socket.

Thomas M. Benvie
5 Sachem Rock Ave.
East Bridgewater, MA 02333