Re: Water damaged Interior

To: Lbc302@aol.com, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Water damaged Interior
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 18:15:30 -0500
At 07:24 PM 3/17/99 EST, Claude wrote:

>Mark,you can use any year Fiero,but I happened to get a hold of seats from
>a 1984  Fiero,with the speakers in the headrests,as far as I know that is the
>only year with the speakers in the headrests,if you could,try to find the tan
>seats.they will basically bolt right in,the only thing required is to redill
>new holes in the bricklin seat brackets located on the outside of the floor
>boards,they come off the car,and you can "bench dill"the new holes.What you
>also get as a bonus is a seat that tilts forward,to gain access to the door
>system/battery.

Claud, Mark, et al.
What you say is right.  However, if the slides for the original seats are
intact (which may NOT be the case if they've been sitting under water),
you might want to keep the original slides and make a conversion/interface
plate or bracket to adapt the new seats to the original slides.

I don't think the reinforcement plates should come off the car.  But I agree
that they will be a lot easier to drill off the car.  If they do come off,
besure to check them, they have a tendency to rust.  And if rusted enough
they can't do their job, reinforce the fiberglass.  If they are severly
rusted, get new ones made at a local machine shop.  But what ever you do,
I suggest that you paint both the slides (which ever set you use) and
the reinforcement plates for under the floor pan.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi