Re: West Coast resources for Bricklin repair/restoration

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: West Coast resources for Bricklin repair/restoration
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 08:54:38 -0500
At 10:01 PM 2/14/99 -0800, you wrote:

>I am expecting to join the Bricklin owner family shortly...My major handicap
>is that I am not today, a do it yourself person.  Any Bricklin that I
>acquire will need a proven/trusted vendor to perform most of the work.

Kevin,

   You don't mention where on the "West Coast" you are, and that's a pretty
big area.  There is only one shop that really is devoted to Bricklins out
there, that is Stan Fransens.  I don't have his number or address, but you
can contact  Riley Marquis III <kewl-sv1@juno.com> or Kim Marlia
<symbiotic@hotmail.com> for the contact information.

Other than that, the Bricklin does have its idiosyncrasie, but for the most
part it is a car, and a domestic one at that.  Therefore, you need to talk
to everyone you in your local area for a "good" independant mechanic or
a hobbiest that will help, and LISTEN to you when it comes to something
that is unique to the Bricklin.

Next thing is to join Bricklin International.  We have a lot of good technical
articles in our quarterly magazine and tips.  I am the editor of the magazine
and am always looking for articles on how and why you got your car, to
the latest problem your having and how you fixed it.

Since you are already on the mailing list - this is probably one of the
best methods of finding out how to have your car fixed.  We have over
100 members on line.  Not all of them are Do It Yourselfers (DIYers), but
quite a few are.  As questions to the group, read the results, then see
which ones sound logical.  For instance, I don't ususally advise on soup
up stuff, because I don't know much about it.  However, I'm a pretty good
wrench turner.  I've restored at least 5 cars so far, and have my Bricklin
stripped down to an empty bay in my garage.  So I can tell someone how to
do a lot of the work.  Other places - like the air doors - I have to answer
from a logical prespective as the complete system was taken out of my car
before I bought it.

Hope this answers your question.  If you don't mind, would you send me
your name, address, phone # for my data base.  I have over 1700 Bricks,
owners, and people looking for cars.  In addition I have a list of over
35 cars for sale.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi