Headlight Failure

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Headlight Failure
From: godlykrew@juno.com
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 21:29:36 -0800
When I purchased 1758, the headlights would not come up when I turn them
on, but the electrical worked fine.  I was able to put them up and down
as needed with the manual override vacuum switch.  I eventually decided
to keep them up to prevent damage to the fiberglass parts until things
could be adjusted.
Now, the electrical works fine as always, except the headlights do not
come on.  The guages light up.  I checked the fuse block,  only to find
that there was not a circuit to fuse the headlights specifically.
Chances are that both headlights could not fail at exactly the same time.
 Where do I look next to find the problem?  Could something hot in the
engine compartment possibly melt through a wire in the circuit to the
headlamps?
Riley Marquis III
VIN 1758

BTW, The Brickline index on the web site mentions a story by Michael V.
Mitchell entitled "Totalled-On Purpose!"  Can anybody explain what
happened and whether or not that particular Bricklin will or has been
rebuilt?

Someone on the list mentioned a Bricklin in the junkyard.  Somebody
please buy it!

A 1974 Bricklin in the 600's VIN range is for sale in the local sports
car trader for $5400.  If anyone is interested, I can give you his
contact info.

Later...