Bricklin, and help

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Bricklin, and help
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 09:31:16 -0500
Since the post by Riley, about trying to reproduct the back issues of The
Brickline, I have been doing some thinking.  (And that can be a dangerious
thing).

One thing I didn't not mention in my reply on the subject, is that we have
been talking about making a "members" only section of the web page.  This
hasn't been done yet, and we haven't decided what is going to be in there
if an when it is done.

I guess that some of you want to help with the web page, etc.  That's a good
thing.  Unfortnately, I can only think of a one thing that could us some work.
That is the list of tech. articles.  It dies as of a year or two ago.  If any
one has time and can write up the additional changes that would be a real
help.  However, please contact me (off-line) and we can discuss it.  We don't
need 2 or 50 people duplicating the effort.

The next thought I had was - Does anyone have any constructive critism of
BI, The Brickline, or the Web page.  I'm open to new ideas.

I have had some offers to help with The Brickline.  Unfortunatly, the
mechanics
of trying to have several people work on laying it out, proof reading, etc
is a problem that I haven't figured out how to over come.  But, I could use
some help with the covers.  If any of you have any artistic, talents and
would like to try their hand at producing a cover, I'd appreciate.

And finally, the always need articles.  If you don't feel that you are a
writer (I fit in that catagory), keep your eyes open for items of general
interest that you might find on the Web or other mailing list.  If you see
some info, regardless of the marque that it pertains to, that you think would
be of benifit to the club, email me with:,

   a. if it is on a web page, send me the URL of the site, so I can try and
      get permission to use the info.

   b. if it is email from another mailing list, please include the entire
      post so I have the addresses of the originator, again so I can get
      permission to use the info.

Keep in mind, that everything that is send to me is not necessarily going to
be used.  From the tech. standpoint, we need to validate the topic and ensure
that the info. is correct.

Thanks to all for your help and support.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi