Re: Jiffy Lube and drain bolts

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Jiffy Lube and drain bolts
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 00:21:57 EDT
In a message dated 8/21/2006 2:15:27 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
mattydrance@yahoo.com writes:

<<  1) Go to Jiffy Lube and ask them to change the ATF, ask  to see the drain
bolt, since they have a record of doing it at 30K  miles.
2) Go to a dealer and have them do the service, inspect the  transmission,
get them to document the overtorquing of the bolt.
3) There's  no way I can prove they're at fault, just do it myself and pray.

If  anyone has dealt with this sort of thing before I'd appreciate any
input.  The oil pan I was able to live with as its easy to replace; this  is
something else entirely.  >>
I like them in that order.  An ATF change isn't that expensive,  especially
given the suspected overtorque.  If they #%$& it up, and  they were also the
last ones to touch it, it sounds like it's their  baby.  If the dealer is
involved, then it's "who messed up?"  and I  don't think I'd want it all messed
up
at my place as opposed to theirs.

Jiffy Lube has replaced engines when they forgot to put oil in them, and
they are famous  in the industry for overtorquing drain plugs.  They  know that
they have these liabilities and balance it against all the money they  save
with low cost labor.  But you might have to press for it, if you find  that
they've messed up.  Don't hesitate to keep going higher in the  organization to
get
what you want.

Charlie