Re: WRG with the new automated timing and scoring system

To: jcreasy@perforce.com, smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: WRG with the new automated timing and scoring system
From: "Jerry Mouton" <mouton@moutons.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 23:05:54 +0000
When I get the results, the WRGs are indicated on each record.
I was at registration last event, and I saw that the person has to tell the
registration desk, and they can change the record to indicate WRG and what
group they will run in.
Pat Kelly looks over all the reaults and adds others she knew were running in
the wrong group.
So, one answer is for people running out of run group to tell registration.
Perhaps registration should check with everyone to see.
I do think it's a flaw in the system, as it should be easy for the computer to
identify WRG people and mark them as such when they run.
Alternatively, don't let people run -- stop them on grid -- if they are not
identified as a class that is running, and have not marked their reg as WRG at
registration. That's kind of harsh, but it could be used to keep the run
groups even, since we have been looking for a way, we could just not allow
people to run WRG under any circumstances. Or only with chair permission.
Alternatively, maybe people could come to the motorhome and get marked there,
so we are guaranteed to get them placed correctly, or the motorhome could mark
eveyone who actually runs out of group. The way it is, some people running WRG
are getting points as running in group, because we don't know.
Jerry

"WRG" at the top of your timing card. How do you mark our entry as "WRG" with
the new automated timing and scoring system? Or does it automatically figure
that out when you present a car at the line whose class is in another rung
group? >>