Re: VW Passat Oil light

To: ba-autox-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VW Passat Oil light
From: sfraser1234@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 21:12:09 -0400
ok, i do know this problem. let me take a WILD guess..... it's a 1.8L turbo

the cars are (might) have a problem with the oil sludging up. the fix: remove
oil pan clean filter on oil pickup and replace numerous rubber hoses (on and
around intake and crank case). check cam bearings for wear. use larger oil
filter and only run synthetic oil.

hopefully it all works after that (it is a big job, i think warranty pays
something like 9 hours).

I would recommend calling the dealer (sometimes if you always service your car
at the dealer and get the big services all done the manufacturer might step in
and help).

if that doesn't take care of the problem....it's time for a NEW ENGINE!

hope it helps
All on demand. Always Free.