Re: SCCA SFR Tech inspections

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: SCCA SFR Tech inspections
From: Mark Mervich <mwizard@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 08:02:12 -0800
Charlie,
        Thanks for taking an interest in Tech inspections.
We do let grid items through inspections.
Drivers floor mats is a debatable issue.   In the 3+ years I have
been auto crossing, I have not heard of any problems w/ floormats,
and I know people who want them removed(the BMW Club and Ed
Runnion).  If the board wants to direct me to do it that way, I will
do it.
Batteries, I don't know where any of that came from, and I personally
can't tell the difference between types.
Windshield cracks we instituted last year after consulting w/Bryan.
I made up the 6 in limit.  Our concern is that we put a lot of extra
stress on the cars and an existing crack "could" expand to the point
where the windshield pops out.  Cracks(at some standard) also make
the car not legal to drive on the road, so the State of CA has an
opinion about this too.
Snell helmet thing could be more specific and is in the rule book.
Mark Mervich
650-367-6326