RE: Old Foothill College events

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Old Foothill College events
From: "Donald McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 11:44:54 -0700
>From several contributors:

> No way  was it in 1975. Seth, you're over ten years
> off.
> That Monte Carlo, that  was driven by that guy's son.
> Charlie, help me out. Was it Jerry DeLara?  His son
> drove that car, no?
> Since when did I become the expert on ancient events?  I was still in
> high
> school, then!
> Okay, it was '86-8, because I ran there in my first white '86 Civic  Si.
> Mary Rice and I chaired one of the events.  There was also an  RX-7 club
> driving
> school on that lot.  Brian DeLara, Jerry's son did drive  a Monte Carlo
> SS.

I think the Monte Carlo referred to might have been Donna Green's black (I
think '85) SS that she and Ron Drove. Brian also had a black SS and, might
have run it at times but, his most active SCCA SFR participation was when he
regularly co-drove Jerry's '90 Vette in the '91/'92 years. And, he was fast,
I should know! Young whippersnapper.

                Don