Old Foothill College events

To: 76067.1750@compuserve.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Old Foothill College events
From: Sethracer@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:30:10 EDT
In a message dated 8/26/2005 9:00:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
76067.1750@compuserve.com writes:

The  Foothill College event was orgnized by SFR. I've been trying to
remember if  we did more than one. I guess I should have kept a log/diary.
Highland  Touring Club once staged an autocross at an unbuilt subdivision. I
remember  operating the P.A. system with the speakers on a wooden frame and
placed on  my Healey's hood. But I don't recall exactly where that was,  nor
when.

--John Kelly

We ran two of them at Foothill. Crowd control was a problem, because there
was a footpath under the freeway where people could just wander in to the back
side of the course. I still have a picture of my Corvair in line at Foothill,
 ready to run. About 74-75? (Could be a little later) It was when someone was
 running a Chevy Monte Carlo in F/S.  Parking was a problem as well -   Seth
Emerson