Re: Oakland Plan B

To: "ba-autox@autox.team.net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Oakland Plan B
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:05:21 -0400

Message text written by Viet-Tam Luu

"
I've always wanted an autocross with ramps and multiple levels...  ;-)

Seriously though, that's a bummer. Not that I particularly liked that
site but it was better than GGF."

1. A site is better than no site.
2. While you may not like GGF, I find it better than several other
possibilities with certain caveats.
        a. It MUST be swept which many of today's chairs do not do for
reasons obscure to me.
        b. The region's new blower does not remove the sand, it merely puts
it over there and we have to deal with it at the next event.
        c. It certainly isn't the money.
        d. We do not put enough money into the pot at our out of town
events. Thus we have to pay for those with the excess of what we collect
in-town. But we do provide an event for more of our members at in-town
sites.
        3. Personally, I find GGF to be a very good site, whether runnng
our Lotus on racing slicks or our Camaro on street tires. I do understand
why some folks are putting tape on their fender edges. But that's why we
should be haveing the lot mechanically swept in the first place.

--John Kelly