Re: gas 4 ca 2 sf sti?

To: Carl Merritt <cmerritt@luminous.com>
Subject: Re: gas 4 ca 2 sf sti?
From: Viet-Tam Luu <viettamluu@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:24:37 -0700
Xylene can be used as well; toluene is harder to buy off the shelf
than xylene, because it's apparently used in meth labs or something
like that.

However I've heard that not all xylene (or toluene) is created
equal--the stuff you can buy at Sherwin Williams isn't the same stuff
manufacturers use to up the octane in gasoline. There's quite a lot of
opinions and debate on the matter, so just to be safe I'll stick with
racing fuel which indisputably works. Not to mention that buying
xylene/toluene in small quantities (1-gallon cans) is pretty
expensive--more than the cost premium of buying 100-octane racing fuel
(which hasn't actually changed in price in the past year, as far as I
can tell--$4.30 a gallon at the 76 stations I mentioned).

--
Viet-Tam Luu (a.k.a. "Tam")
SFR-SCCA Solo2 #14 ESP