Re: gas 4 ca 2 sf sti?

To: jcreasy@perforce.com
Subject: Re: gas 4 ca 2 sf sti?
From: Viet-Tam Luu <viettamluu@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:55:55 -0700
As long as he stays off the booooost he should be okay.  ;-)

I'm told the STi--or at least early incarnations of it--were not so
good about cutting back on timing and boost once detonation occurred.
Basically they'd happily ping until the engine blew up.

4 gallons of 100 mixed in with 91 should do; he can get it at
Thunderhill and there are a couple 76 stations in the Bay Area
(Almaden & Foxworthy in SJ, Woodside & Kentfield in Redwood City) that
carry VP100 as well.

I'd stay away from 110 as it's usually leaded gas which will kill his
cat(s). Also really bad for his catalytic converter(s).

--
Viet-Tam Luu (a.k.a. "Tam")
SFR-SCCA Solo2 #14 ESP