Re: gas 4 ca 2 sf sti?

To: james creasy <jcreasy@perforce.com>
Subject: Re: gas 4 ca 2 sf sti?
From: Kevin Stevens <autox@pursued-with.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:59:33 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, james creasy wrote:

> i had a co worker in canada ask me his best strategy for getting gas on
> his drive from victoria to SF.  he feeds it 94 octane at home, but most
> stations along the way will have no more than 91.

> wont the computer retard the spark so he can use anything he wants?

Depends on the car.  Most will, but some will have other problems running
that retarded, and others may not be able to adjust enough.  You have to
know the car/engine.

My approach would be to buy some 100/110 octane unleaded in 5-gallon cans
and mix it with the pump gas.  That's what I do to get 94-octane in my
Evo for events.  Don't know where to buy it in Canada, but
OffRoadWarehouse is where I go.  Check VP's website for other
distributors.

KeS