Camaro/Back East humor...

To: "INTERNET:Smokerbros@aol.com" <Smokerbros@aol.com>,
Subject: Camaro/Back East humor...
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:11:04 -0500

Message text written by INTERNET:Smokerbros@aol.com

Well......the beater wouldn't start yesterday so I reluctantly pressed the
95 'Maro (275/40/17's) into snow service to get me one mile to the grocery
store.  The Wash DC area was hit with 6 inches of snow the day before and
it
was actually drizzeling even though the temp was only 26 degrees F. so you
can imagine how slippery things were.  Our side-road had been packed down
but NOT salted or sanded so it was pretty slick but all I needed to do was
get aboout 80 yards to the main street which showed a lot of black and I
would be homefree.   My driveway had some ice on it but I had no rocksalt
or
sand to help it."

Thank you for posting that piece of humor. It brought back memories of my
stay with the U.S. Army at Fort Belvoir, VA, about 30 miles south of DC. I
was discharged during the final days of January and, faced with a wintery
neighborhood (although not as deep as the current situation) with an Austin
Healey 100M, I headed due South into the Carolinas before heading west into
Louisiana on the southern-most highway I could find. Snow was 6-foot deep
in the Texas panhandle so I avoided that. I didn't have any tire chains. I
was due to enroll at Oakland City College in five days so I had to hustle.
I made it.

--John Kelly