Re: numbers: question for Durk

To: Doug Hubbard <phubbard@infostations.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: numbers: question for Durk
From: "Don L." <toy4speed@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:14:26 -0800 (PST)
Hey All, was there a possibility that Durk may have intended the number and
class requirements to be for annually teched cars, and not for every entrant?
I could understand as the annual tech chief that he possibly can set up
requirements for annual tech qualification.  As such, permanent numbers
(magnetic, cling, etc) is a good idea.  I agree that the size, height, and
stroke of the numbers should coincide with what is listed in the rulebook (per
Ochi example).

That said, I think it would be a nice fundraiser to "rent" magnetic numbers at
the events for $1 a pair.  Limited to availibilty of course, but deposit would
be a CDL.  Could test on morning groups, rent from Registration table.
Afternoon folks out of luck, but once the convenience is known, maybe folks
would make their own.  Ok, flame away :)

Don L.
(driving Supra's little 'bro this weekend)