Re: mental stuff, was Re: Advanced Autocross Topics

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: mental stuff, was Re: Advanced Autocross Topics
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:32:53 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "James Creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
To: "Lolita Adrien" <lomike@earthlink.net>; "Ms Katie Kelly"
<aceontour@yahoo.com>; <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 9:36 AM
Subject: mental stuff, was Re: Advanced Autocross Topics

> 1. never give up.  always assume you can win.  visualize winning.  many
> people beat themselves by talking themselves out of it.

This just made me think of something from the movie Grand Prix.  One of the
lead characters is struggling a bit and someone asks him why he keeps
entering more races even though he's not winning.

He replied, "Because the other drivers might lose."

Good words to live by, especially if you're chasing a championship.

Scot