Dan Jones

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Dan Jones
From: Larrybsp@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 14:05:17 EDT
from:larrybsp@aol.com (Larry Stark)

        A true tragedy. Dan was a nice guy. I met him running open track
events at Thunderhill and Laguna Seca. I was with him when he found out the new
factory Porsche 993 racer he had paid a ransom for wasn't a new car. A french
photographer
recognized the name of the French driver who had driven the car in the
European championship series the year before. The drivers name was ermbossed on
the
plastic rear window. Instead of having a fit to find out he'd bought a
refurbished year old race car from the factory Dan was elated the car had a
racing
history. The photographer later sent Dan an envelope full of pictures and
articles about his car.
It's the little things about people you learn that makes Dan's passing more
painful.

                    Larry