Dan Jones

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dan Jones
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:55:01 -0400
One of my "sources" fed me the following yesterday:
FYI:

>>Interesting and sad side note related to Vodden.  Remember when
>>he wrecked someone else's Porsche at Thunderhill?  Well that
>>someone else was Dan Jones and he committed suicide a few weeks
>>ago via CalTrain.  Apparently the wreck was the beginning of a
>>downward financial spiral that Mr. Jones couldn't handle.

My info is Dan Jones either walked or jumped in front of a CalTrain
commuter in San Jose. Jones initially autocrossed in PCA then joined SCCA
for autocrossing. I first met him at a Marina Airport event about
three-four years ago, right after he finished beating me that day <GRIN>.
He was a fun guy to be around. This was before he bought the Porsche "Cup"
car at a rumored price of $700,000 plus.
        Later he got into SCCA club racing. Last time I talked to him was
in 2002 at Thunderhill where he raced one of his Porsches in two different
races and then, sadly, learned he had on the wrong kind of tires and was
DSQ'd for that one.

--John Kelly