Re: Dan Jones

To: Bay Area Team dot Net <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dan Jones
From: Rex Tener <rex_tener@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:33:09 -0700
At 07:55 PM 6/10/2003 -0400, John F. Kelly Jr. wrote:
>One of my "sources" fed me the following yesterday:
>FYI:
>
> >>Interesting and sad side note related to Vodden.  Remember when
> >>he wrecked someone else's Porsche at Thunderhill?  Well that
> >>someone else was Dan Jones and he committed suicide a few weeks
> >>ago via CalTrain.  Apparently the wreck was the beginning of a
> >>downward financial spiral that Mr. Jones couldn't handle.

Very sad news.  I met Dan when we both worked at Pyramid Technology in San
Jose during the early 90's.  He ran the F1 Pick 6 contest at that time.

         <http://www.motorsport.com/compete/p6/history.asp>

I believe he left Pyramid to go to Veritas and later started autocrossing
with his white Porsche 993.

--
Rex Tener
rex_tener@yahoo.com