Re: !!! noel esporo (unofficially) wins Mazda Rev it Up !!!!

To: Pat Kelly <lollipop487@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: !!! noel esporo (unofficially) wins Mazda Rev it Up !!!!
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:03:19 -0800
I don't know what they had at the event.  I was just referring to the
fact that the vast majority of 6s were built with 4cyl and automatic,
which no one seems to want.  Mazda is marketing to a specialty niche
of sporty car fanatics, and they know it.  I can understand not making
lots of 6cyl cars, on the philosophy that a lighter car is a better
handling car, but I can't understand building so few with stick shift.

The result is that dealer inventories are clogged with automatic 4
cylinder versions of the 6, and they're not selling.  I think that's
at least part of the reason for the Rev It Up promotion.

PS, I believe that Andy has the Mazdaspeed/MPS Protege, not the 6.