Re: !!! noel esporo (unofficially) wins Mazda Rev it Up !!!!

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: !!! noel esporo (unofficially) wins Mazda Rev it Up !!!!
From: "Bryan Heitkotter" <bryan64@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 21:16:05 -0800
Congrats Noel!  Good to see 'one of ours' take the honors.  As for me, I was
robbed. ;)  Had a solid first run good enough for 4th overall at the time,
and I knew there was at minimum a half second to be had in my second run,
but it was not to be.  Felt like the second car I ended up with (one of the
maroon ones) had front Falkens that were heat cycled to death and/or abused.
I got into an understeer situation and couldn't figure out how to get out of
it (silly FWD cars ;)).

Felt much more at home in the Miata at the test drive course.

I suggested next year they supply us with something RWD. ;)

Still had a great time though, 5th overall (maybe slower, I left at 4PM)
isn't something to complain about.  Still, I was mighty encouraged after my
first run and was hungry for a top 3 finish.  To see it end in cone mowing
was a downer.

Bryan Heitkotter | 87 MR2
http://www.pbase.com/bryanh
Straightaways are for fast cars. Corners are for fast drivers.