Re: Braking performance and ABS

To: Ms Katie Kelly <aceontour@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Braking performance and ABS
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:53:28 -0800
Well then no wonder ABS hampers your braking performance!  With the
controller and hydraulics and pump and the batteries to power it all,
it probably doubles the weight of the bike plus rider.

PS - remember, threshold braking on a bike means braking just hard
enough that you don't flip the bike over forwards...if you lock up the
front wheel you're well past that point!

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94