TECH

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: TECH
From: Durk Edwards <solorolla@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:41:38 -0800 (PST)
Hello everyone! This Sunday, we will offer Annual Tech Inspections for 2003,
weather permitting. This will be available from 1pm to 3pm in the Tech area. If
you plan on getting your car tech's, you must have a 2003 rule book with an
annual safety inspection sticker attached to the back cover. Both books and
stickers are available at the reg. or tech tables. You must have been competing
3 years or have had run 12 events, (validated by your book/sticker). Please
refer to the rule book section 3.3.3 pertaining to safety items and compliance
with these rules. Your car MUST BE RACE READY. No exceptions to this. We will
not have time to ask you to remove items that are not allowed in or on your
car. You will be asked to see your rule book, sticker and sign a waiver
acknowledging you have read, understand and agree to comply with the rules.
This is first come, first served basis. It should take approx. 15-20 mins per
vehicle, depending on class, modifications, et. Also, please read the HELMET
requirements on page 56, section 4.3.1 and make sure your helmet complies with
the rules.

During our last event, we had a "Tech class" which was a quick run down and how
we do tech, what to look for and had examples of what would pass and what
wouldn't pass. PLEASE, error on the side of caution. If you THINK something
isn't right or feel it isn't safe, ASK about it before you get on grid or come
up to tech and we will be more than happy to answer your questions or concerns
and help ypu correct the problem. We had 6 people who showed an interest and we
hope we gave them a better idea of what is necessary to run a SAFE program.
Thanks to Gordon White, Mark Smith, Phil White, Angela Pfluger, Jaime Mendoza,
Ron Phillips and Robin Yang for coming on over and participating!!!! If any of
you, or anyone else, is interested on being part of "THE CREW", e-mail me
and/or see me at the event. As of right now, our CORE of "techies" consists of
Herman Ip, Georgia Abelardo and Charles Cox. Without THEIR help and
contributions, we wouldn't have this program!!!! Thanks for your interests, and
I hope to hear from alot more of you this year!!! Remember, if you don't want
to work on the official "crew", WE, (that's everybody) still need people to
work tech for each of the first 4 run groups. If nobody has signed up for a
specific run group, someone, in that run group will be DESIGNATED by the Chair
person. We will have a "pre annual tech" rundown around 12:30 at the tech area,
just to make sure we run this thing smoothly and efficiently. Hope to see you
there!!!  THANKS!