Pylon for March 2003

To: "INTERNET:cp@twingles.com" <cp@twingles.com>,
Subject: Pylon for March 2003
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:58:15 -0500
The March 2003 edition of North American Pylon is now in the mail on its
way to subscribers.

This month we cover the Fort Myers, FL, National Tour which attracted 190
drivers, several of whom trashed their cars.
A week later came the Fort Myers, FL, Pro Solo, which attracted 162
drivers, several of whom trashed their cars.
What's wrong with this picture?

Also this month we cover the San Francisco Region's outing at Candlestick
Park which attracted 315 entries, none of whom trashed their respective
cars. And we cover SFR's Round 4 at the Network Associates Coliseum which
attracted 287 entries and a new element at the end of the day called
"Sideshow" which has plagued the City of Oakland for a couple of years.
        Las Vegas Region gets under way at Las Vegas Motor Speedway after
losing a previous site.
        PROrg staged a pair of events on back-to-back weekends at
California Speedway's lot in Fontana, CA. Gary Thomason won both over slim
fields.
        7248 People paid between $9 and $12 to watch a "Drifting" contest
in the Irwindale (CA) Speedway parking lot. "Drifting" is a single-car at a
time event where the driver lets the rear end hang out in a manner similar
to a dirt track sprint car. The winner is determined by style points. There
is no timing. Obviously American Idol fans can't be wrong. <G>

Colums:
        Pat Kelly discusses Timing and Scoring and entry caps.
        Ben Thatcher gets into Tennis, well not really.
        Editor John Kelly aims at Street Modified and its "looseness."
        Lorenzo the Scribe follows Pro Solo on the Internet.
        (He has since seen some videos which back his question on "What's
going on here?")
        Warren Leveque is lost in the "60s this month.
        Paul Haney presents another chapter on Shocks.
        Eric Salem has switched from a Mustang-powered Volvo to a '03 Mazda
Protegi.
        Guest columnist Jay Mitchell (from Texas) thinks Prepared needs a
lot of work to make it fair.
        Dan Pedroza likes the new PROrg outfit and explains why.

        We have a feature piece on Ian Stewart, the 21-year-old Florida
State college student who won B Stock at the Fort Myers Tour.
        The Autocross calendar fills 5-1/2 pages.
        Garage Sale has a lot of autocross cars for sale.

Subscriptions are $24) for 12 monthly issues. Send check or money order to:
(US$27.50 in Canada via Canadian postal M.O. or Visa/MasterCard)
        North American Pylon
        P.O. Box 1203
        Pleasanton, CA 94566-0120

Or, call 1-800-58-KELLY during 9-5 (PST) biz hours and charge to
Visa/MasterCard.
Or, FAX your name and address and Visa/MC number to: 1-925-846-0118.
Operates 24/7.

--John Kelly, editor