Autocrossing in a Monsoon~Was: San Diego Tour

To: "Bryan Nemy" <bnemy@pacbell.net>,
Subject: Autocrossing in a Monsoon~Was: San Diego Tour
From: "Debbie" <Debbie.Cunningham@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 22:15:45 -0800
Have you ever tried it?  That's what our run group (last) turned out to be
on Saturday.  Torrential rain and gusty winds.  There were huge puddles
(quasi-lakes) at the start and the finish (in the flats).  Folks told me
that when the Miata was coming through the finish the water shot up so high
around it that you couldn't see the car.  LOLOL!!!  Kinda like the Log
Flume...

The kicker is that Tom and I both drove all of our runs with the top down.
We each spun out once in that lake at the finish.  When I did it, I ended up
with a Tsunami in my lap.  I can't remember the last time I was so wet for
so long with all of my clothes on!

Sunday was dry.  Tom ROCKED through the course to a third place trophy.   I
sucked (actually drove better in the monsoon the day before:-) but will be
going to Atwater in May where I intend to redeem myself =).

In short, a great time was had by all!  Ok...well, maybe not all, but a
great time was had by crazies like Tom and I!

Debbie
#99 CSP