Re: American V8

To: "David & Candy Pina" <casalp@earthlink.net>, <kirkm@zeta-idt.com>
Subject: Re: American V8
From: "james creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 12:08:38 -0700
the live axle just has a hard time matching the independent suspension
either racing or on the street.  supposedly in racing its not much of a
deficit, but i picked up at least 2 seconds an autocross run by converting
my mustangish car from a 4 link solid axle to IRS.  and i really tried to
make the 4 link axle work!  on the street i feel like i have better feedback
of what an IRS car like a miata or M3 is doing than the mustangs and camaros
ive driven.  i remember testing driving a 1998 supra TT and 1998 camaro Z28
back to back and, um, the supra was so much better in every way- i felt
confident to hang the tail out and i didnt dare in the Z28.  supra had a lot
more power too.

soooo, i think solid axles are not likely to figure in my future, as nice a
car as the mustang is.

-james c
OSP - Outmoded Suspensions Proscribed