Re:What is it about cars?

To: kkelly@spss.com
Subject: Re:What is it about cars?
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: 10 Aug 2002 02:09:37 -0000
Kelly, Katie wrote:
>Yet, I know that they think they're the best drivers.
>
>So do women, I might add. No one is innocent.
>
>Why?! Cars are only 100 years old. This can't be genetic. What is it?

People don't typically golf, run, swim, or bicycle
daily before taking up the activity as a sport,
so it's fairly clear they don't quite know what
they are getting into nor how well they will perform
against others.

But they do drive nearly every day, and look who
they have to compare themselves to. And how are
they to know that driving quickly without going
off the road in no way approaches the actual
limit of a modern car's capability, or that
autocrossing well requires driving at that unknown
limit from light to light?

I never met a bad driver while instructing
at SFR events. Did I miss them while EJ was
sending me the ones with interesting cars?

Rich Urschel

Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at
http://isp.BlueLight.com