What is it about cars?

To: "Randy Noll" <rnoll98@yahoo.com>,
Subject: What is it about cars?
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 17:40:46 -0700
Randy writes...

>I think a lot of that is setting expectations too high. Most people,
>and almost all men :) think they're excellent drivers. And when they
>can't just show up and do well they get discouraged. Nobody would just
>show up at a golf course having only played miniature golf and expect
>to shoot a 72. And you definitely wouldn't show up with only a putter
>and pitching wedge.

I know. What is it about men and cars? I meet beginner
swimmers/runners/cyclists whatever who are males, but they don't come in with
these same sort of expectations. Like, I've never met a novice swimmer who once
accused me of being on steroids.

Yet, I know that they think they're the best drivers.

So do women, I might add. No one is innocent.

Why?! Cars are only 100 years old. This can't be genetic. What is it?

Katie