Re: Unsolicited Newbie Commentary and Questions

To: james creasy <james@thevenom.net>,
Subject: Re: Unsolicited Newbie Commentary and Questions
From: Matthew Rehrer <mrehrer@rehrer.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 18:31:58 -0700
> From: james creasy <james@thevenom.net>

> i never understood the rotating tires business... you replace in pairs
> anyway right?  the one thing that can be helpful on stock suspensions with
> inadequate camber or roll control is to swap them so the "fresh" edge that
> was to the inside of the wheel is now on the outside

So with a stock alignment on my rwd car I wear the outsides of my fronts
faster than the insides and the rears have worn a little faster than the
fronts (although evenly).

I have been considering swapping the fronts by having them remounted on the
opposite wheels.  Can not decide if its worth the pain.  Anybody else do
this?

Matthew