Re: Stock Shock Chalk Talk

To: Ian Green <iagreen@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: Stock Shock Chalk Talk
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 12:27:32 -0700
On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 11:07:08AM -0700, Ian Green wrote:
> But if you start limiting shocks to major companies aren't you
> just helping to shut down the newer, smaller companies?

They will not be excluded if they mass produce inexpensive shocks.  If
they build custom, expensive shocks, they can still sell to SP, ST,
SM, P, M, CART, IRL, F1, and so on.

> Especially if you
> start trying to spread those rules beyond stock.

We are not, and Tony really wanted to get input on how the rules could
be written to effectively exclude expensive custom shocks, not to
debate the merits of such a rule.

> Not too
> many people own prep/mod cars but theres a pretty good number who own
> street driven cars in various classes with custom built shocks.

They would mostly be classed in street prepared/touring/mod anyway.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94