Re: Stock Shock Chalk Talk

To: "Anthony Tabacco" <atabacco@california.com>
Subject: Re: Stock Shock Chalk Talk
From: Rex Tener <rex_tener@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 11:33:05 -0700
At 09:30 AM 8/8/2002 -0700, Anthony Tabacco wrote:
>"It is the intent of this rule that Stock Class serve as the entry class to
>the sport and that cost containment is of primary importance to that goal.

I disagree with the premise that stock class is an entry class to the sport
and that cost containment is a primary importance in stock or any
preparation level.

In the last ten years in the sport I have spent about $5K on shocks.  In
the same time period I have spent close to $30K on tires!!!  The whole
shock debate is a giant red herring.  Shock costs are minimal, even with
$3600 shocks, when averaged over the competitive life of a car.  Tire costs
are much higher and if anyone was worried about cost containment, then
tires would be the number one place to start controlling costs!

--
Rex Tener
rex_tener@yahoo.com