Re: need info on car trailer tires

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: need info on car trailer tires
From: Alan Gruner <algruner@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 16:55:59 -0700 (PDT)
> Been there, done that.....although it was August
> 2001 instead of March.
>
> Alan's right.....I-880 is as smooth as glass
> compared to I-94 on that
> stretch.   That part of I-94 is so rutted that if
> you can manage to get your
> car "in the ruts" I'm convinced you could let go of
> the steering wheel for
> about 10 MILES (and that includes turns in the
> road!) and never leave your
> lane......unless you happened to hit a pothole in
> one of those ruts :^)

March is even nicer because the potholes are worse.
All winter ice and snow will thaw during the day and
run into every crack in the road. At night it gets
colder and freezes spreading the crack that much more.
Slowly but surely baseball to basketball sized pieces
of pavement start coming loose. When fresh snow falls,
the plows catch the edges of these loose bits and
fling them off to the side of the road. March through
the begining of May is known as pothole season. By
August the big craters are filled in.

I destroyed a wheel and tire on a Dodge Colt one
spring by not paying attention. There was a two foot
wide and one foot deep hole on the edge of the road. I
was thinking about other things and drove right into
it.
http://health.yahoo.com