Re: WANTED to hire: VERY fast autocrosser(s)

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>,
Subject: Re: WANTED to hire: VERY fast autocrosser(s)
From: "james creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 14:56:50 -0700
> I think a car like the Phantom made A-Mod a bit more of a high-dollar
class. B Mod, I have no idea. New cars these days are great right out of the
box, versus all those square shaped cars from the seventies and eighties
that you just had to modify, or you were just a complete stock geek.

thus the inevitable demise of the prepared/mod classes.  you HAD to modify
the old school cars to prevent things like: bending in half, catching on
fire, leaking/burning all the oil, 10 degrees of positive camber (swing axle
jobbies), more than 50 hp, etc.

SCCA is slow to adapt to these changes.  for example, in my road race race
log book, it lists "Material Of Coachwork" as an item.  this goes back to
the days that when you bought a car, you bought the running gear, and then
engaged a coach maker to build the upper part of the car.  then the model T
changed all that.  :P

-james c
OSP - Our Season's Pride