Re: tow options- dolly, open, vehicles?

To: james creasy <Black94PGT@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: tow options- dolly, open, vehicles?
From: Jesus Villarreal <jesvilla@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:50:53 -0700
james creasy wrote:

> im new to this towing business.  is there a site or someplace where i can
> get some info on dolly vs trailer.
>
> if i need to tow a 2200 lb car 5 miles at 30-40 mph, could i do this with a
> dolly and a 94 probe GT?  what if i put 2000lbs of ballast in the cobra?  it
> at least has a frame.  :)
>
> ive heard big cargo vans make good tow vehicles.  any advice?  thanks,
>
> -james creasy
> ITS - I Tow Speed

You are going to need a decent tow hitch on the tow car, what ever it
is. I have used a dolly for heavier cars, but with a 1/2 ton truck.
Maybe the short distance and slow speed won't be too bad. Then again,
the rental yard probably will not rent the dolly to you if you tell them
you want to use the Cobra or Probe.

Jesus
P.S. if you can borrow a truck, you can use my small trailer.