Re: great school

To: "'Autocross'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: great school
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 16:15:39 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
To: "'james creasy'" <Black94PGT@pacbell.net>; "'Autocross'"
<ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 12:44 PM

> Speaking of traction, where do I get some? I'm down to 26 PSI on my
> G-Force tires and they still don't stick much better than street tires.
> Over the past year I've gone from the BFG recommended 40 PSI to 26 PSI
> in 2 PSI increments. Lower pressures do stick a bit better, but I have
> yet to get any serious "grip" with these tires. Nothing like what I used
> to get with Kumhos on the RX-7.
>
> Do G-Forces really suck that bad? Is that why BFG stopped making them?

I've never used them, but from what I've heard the answers are:  yes, and
partly yes.

I was surprised my car stuck as well as it did, given that the tires I was
using date back to last year's Divisional (with two drivers) and also saw
action at Nationals (again, two drivers), the event after the NASA school,
and four runs at the SFR school (the tires are Hoosiers, btw).

Scot