RE: [mrpca] dyno software & equipment (fwd)

To: "'Bay_Area_Autocross_List'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: [mrpca] dyno software & equipment (fwd)
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:43:12 -0500

Message text written by "Michael R. Clements"

"But keep in mind that the engine's power output will vary depending on
atmospheric conditions. Having done this before, I've seen differences
of 5-10% in power output from a cold morning to a hot afternoon (234 hp
vs. 263 hp)."

I agree with this thought. But what's intriguing is that there are still
regions and clubs that do not seem to be aware of these differences in
power output and thus allow a driver to run whenever he wants during a
specific day.
        Of course there's also the problem that ALL courses get faster as a
day wears on (Source: Jackie Stewart).
        Because of the above knowledge, we introduced run groups locally a
long time ago and even the National leadership figured it out.

--John Kelly