Re: New Tires

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Tires
From: "Patrick" <pjsimm@inreach.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 19:59:40 -0800
I should probally say the old tires were R tires. They were at least two
years old maybe close to three (I bought them used.) The car is a Neon ACR.
At the last event on the left hand long 180 degree turn after the first
slalom the tail would hang out even at nearly full throttle all the way
around the turn and at the decreasing radius turn at the finish I just
backed out of the throttle a little on all three runs which made the tail
come out that was after braking hard after the last slalom cone.

I was mostly curious if there would be a significant change in grip going
from old to brand new R tires.

Hopefully it will be clear long enough this wekend to drive the tires. I
don't think it will help to drive them in the rain.

Thanks for the input
Patrick