Re: New Tires

To: "Patrick" <pjsimm@inreach.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Tires
From: "james creasy" <Black94PGT@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 09:17:43 -0500
heat cycle:  drive 100 continuous miles at freeway speeds.  be gently, no
hard turning.  park, dismount tires or jack up car for 24-48 hours.

most cars understeer more with stickier tires.  if you corded old street
tires they were probably really hard and awful.  it will take a while to
realize how much grip you have with r tires. make sure your basic technique
is correct so you dont wipe them out too quickly (mostly this means not
letting the front slip angle get unreasonably high by having the wheel
turned too much or not slowing enough for a turn)

-james c
OSP #74