RE: Advice from a Boondoggle Survivor

To: "Jim Ochi" <jim_ochi@yahoo.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Advice from a Boondoggle Survivor
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 15:44:01 -0800
Regarding card collection, Jim Ochi writes...

>Actually, this is easy.  Workers should be called while the current >group is
>starting their third runs.

That's what I was getting at. There a couple of instances at both this event,
and the one before, where it seemed like the card collection happened just a
little too late in the game. I even recall hearing Chris Cox announced, "We're
just going to hold the start until we get these cards sorted."

The last car finished RIGHT at sunset, thanks to a superbly handled event.
Fortunately, we'll get even more daylight as the season progresses, and let's
just pray we don't get more than 340. But I really hope that soon people will
really understand the significance of reporting to work EARLY, and especially
getting those cards ready to go way, way ahead of time.

Everything Jim says is absolutely true.

Katie