Re: AutoX School -- street tires vs. race tires

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AutoX School -- street tires vs. race tires
From: Joey Jarosz <joey@hotngui.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 14:01:46 -0800
Thanx again everyone for the advice. I see everyone's points but still
cannot decide...

a) My vette has antilock brakes so flat spotting my tires is a non-issue
b) My street tires are much more expensive then my race tires and are kind
of soft so
     they wear pretty fast (granted not as fast as the hoosiers)
c) After running 2 events on my hoosiers already this year, I can
definitely say the
      handling characteristics between my hoosiers and my street tires are
VERY
      different.
d)  I'm no expert (a very relative term) but I am pretty good at most of
the basic
       driving techniques and in knowing the correct line.

I'm so confused...
Of course, I can probably swap tires during lunch at the schools.

thanx,
joey (Yes Virginia, I do want to have my cake and eat it too) jarosz

--

Joey Jarosz
hot-n-GUI, Inc.