Re: Broken wheel lock help!!

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Broken wheel lock help!!
From: Paul S <ibisbike@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:38:39 -0800 (PST)
OK, here is the latest update...

Looks like we're gonna get the remains of the wheel
lock off the car after we finish drilling it out.
However the wheel stud is gonna be toast.

New question for the gang.  Anyone have a rear wheel
stud for a 2000 Civic SI and if so how tough is it to
replace?  Looks like it should be pretty simple, but I
haven't touched one before on this car.

Thanks again for all the helpfull ideas guys!!

Paul

--- Paul S <ibisbike@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
>      Here is my problem.  I was putting my 15 inch
> wheels back on the car in prep for Sunday's kickoff,
> and while tightening down my McGards Wheel locks one
> of them snapped!! And yes I was using a torque
> wrench
> set to the proper specs for the car and locks. So
> now
> I have a shredded wheel lock on the right rear of my
> car and I am clueless how to go about removing it.
> I'm sure this has happened to someone else out
> there.
> What do I do?
>
> TIA,
>
> Paul Soals