Re: Can I run these tires for stock class?

To: Pat Kelly <lollipop487@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Can I run these tires for stock class?
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:33:26 -0800
If it is for a San Francisco Region class which requires street tires
("Street Tire" or Novice), it has to have a treadwear rating of 120 or
more.

If it is for Street Touring S or STX, it has to have a treadwear
rating of 140 or more.

If it is for a stock class or another class which requires DOT-legal
tires, the A3S03 is legal.  There is some mention of a requirement for
"measurable tread somewhere on the tire", but I don't think that's
enforced locally.  People just tend to run them until they show
cord...

Wheels must be stock, or same diameter and width as stock with no more
than 1/4" difference in offset.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94