RE: Enough already

To: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@idsfa.net>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Enough already
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 19:27:17 -0700
Your web page shows exacly what I got in my calculations, when I used the
tire's size numbering.

Incidentally, I use my own home-baked Excel spreadsheet in case anyone's
interested. Power & torque, graphs of the curves, tire sizes and gear ratios,
forward Gs of acceleration thrust, etc. are all calculated.

There's also a cool Java program called "Car Test" that does all this and much
more. You can put in your own numbers, or use the database of at least a
thousand cars with all their specs (that you can edit and augment). Very nice
program written by a guy named Pat Glenn. It's also useful for predicting
"what if" scenarios, like "what if I changed my differential ratio from X to
Y, how would it affect my 0-60 time?", or like "What if Mazda put a 250 hp
rotary in a 2300 lb. Miata, how fast would it go?".

Regards,