Re: What happened?

To: Giles Douglas <giles@vy.com>
Subject: Re: What happened?
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:35:50 -0700
Giles Douglas wrote:

> Yes, but was anyone hit at Mather? No.

John's point is that Solo2 car classification is based on
the car's capabilities on 2nd gear courses while road
racing classifications are based on top gear. AAS courses
are sometimes between Solo1 and Solo2. Safe and fun,
but capable of producing results inconsistent with Solo2.

> I find it someone disturbing that there is no commentary on what went
> wrong, and why someone was hit.

See Andy's comments on public statements. The safety
stewards are preparing a report. Something is and will
continue to be done. You *may* see a statement later,
but certainly not before the facts are known and
understood.

Rich Urschel