FS: VERY competitive 1999 F-Stock Z28

To: Region of Doom <RegionOfDoom@yahoogroups.com>, hail-list@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: FS: VERY competitive 1999 F-Stock Z28
From: "Badertscher, Andy" <AndyB@regionofdoom.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 23:59:45 -0700
  Following the conclusion of rounds 15 and 16 of the American Auto-X series
later this month, my car will be up for immediate sale. Car is 100% F-stock
legal and extremely competitive. With a set of hoosiers I don't see why this
car wouldn't be a top contender at nationals. Here are the specs:

1999 Navy Blue Metalic Z28
Aluminum LS1 V8, 300+ rear wheel horsepower
GM Certified used Veichle purchased 4/9/01 from Daughtery Chevrolet in
Sacramento
Remainder of factory/certified warranty (39,000 miles or until next
September)
16,100 miles
T-Tops(saves weight and helps tall drivers fit in the car with a helmet on)
Automatic
2.73 geared Torsen (the better F-Stock limited slip) rearend, 55mph redline
1st gear, 106mph redline 2nd gear 170mph+ 3rd gear redline (no comment on
rather or not I have actually hit the rev limiter in 2nd gear at an AAS
event :)
162mph speed limiter (easily obtainable)
Granite cloth interior w/drivers side power seat
CD player with the factory monsoon system
Traction Control and ABS
Performance Friction brake pads w/ATE Super Blue brake fluid
Exhuast cutout(terminates behind the axle)-may be to loud for sound
sensitive sights
3 front sway bars-Stock-32mm 1LE-and 35mm Addoco, all with there own set of
bushings
Set of custom revlaved Bilsteins. Struts have been revalved by Sam Strano
Jr- I can tell you the valve specs AFTER the car has been sold. About 4,000
miles on current shocks/struts
8 extra OEM wheels with Kumhos.One set is completely worn, the other has
about 30 runs left.
Bottom half of the engine was rebuilt by John L Sulivan Chevrolet in
Roseville in May 2001. Engine had an oil pump failure enroute to Round 2 of
the Sac Cup (common LS1 Problem, corected during rebuild). New bearings,
rings, rods, crank, oil pump, valve springs. puhrods, gaskets, etc. etc.
About 4,000 miles on new motor.
Tranny will be replaced with a GM replacement unit by the end of this week
with an additonal 3year/36k (or maybe its 50k) warranty.
Car regularly averages 31-32mpg on freeway trips. 15-18 mpg around town,
about 6-8 mpg during auto-x events
Total of four 1/4 mile runs. Best being 13.4 @105mph ,95 degrees with a 2.2
60ft time

  This car has dominated F-Stock in all the AAS and the few SAC cup rounds I
entered. Only a couple 2nd place finishes,  LOTS of 1st place finishes. Only
known problem is the front swaybar mounts occasionally break from the stress
of the bigger front sway bar (easy to fix). This car does very well on tight
and technical courses due to the 1st gear trottle response and the strut
valving . Very quick transitions and is easier to drive if you have a
delicate trottle foot. Oversteer only occurs with early trottle inputs,
other than that the car has a slight push at the limits if driven correctly.

 Car as listed above $19,000 o.b.o (extra sway bars wheels/tires and struts
included) Will help with delivery anywhere west of the Mississippi. Limited
test drives avaliable (until the kumho's wear out). So if you want a very
fast, very fun and very competitve F-Stock car this is the one. Don't let
the automatic tranny fool you, this car is has proven itself faster than the
6-Speed facotry 1LE cars in the area. Great gas mileage if you can stay off
the gas pedal and will easily win at most stop light drag races.

  I am selling the car as I no longer feel comfortable using my daily driver
as a racecar and I need something a little slower to help keep me out of
trouble on my daily commute.I am unsure what I will be running for the 2002
season. Either I will be preparing my ACR neon for Street Touring, than
later into DSP (or whatever SP class it ends up in next year) or I will be
taking a few years off and build a Facotry Five Cobra. or I might end up in
our LT1 powered 3rd gen camaro.Or even yet anyone need a
co-driver/instructor/tire sponser next season?

 Let me know if you are intrested!!

   Andy Badertscher
AndyB@Regionofdoom.com