Re: lost lug nut lock

To: <greg_umbay@yahoo.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: lost lug nut lock
From: Sethracer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 12:05:07 EDT
Greg Wrote:
OK I'm an idiot!  I lost my wheel/lug nut key at the track.  Can anyone suggest
any minimally destructive techniques to remove the one lock lugnut?   Greg

It will scare you to watch, but most tire stores can Hammer a "close" key into
your lug and remove it. I admit bringing my SHO Taurus into a Tire Outlet store
for a tire rotation, not remembering where the lock was. I searched the glove
box and the center console and the trunk. We finally pulled off the rear wheel
caps and the hammered off the right and left rear, then we pulled off the front
caps  - and there was the stupid lock, still engaged in the right front lug
nut. I remembered that I was the guilty party, having left it there a few weeks
(months?) before! DOH! Boy, did I feel like an idiot! The other two wheels came
off just fine! - Seth Emerson