Thanks from SCCA to Solo 2 workers

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks from SCCA to Solo 2 workers
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 00:25:48 EDT
I just wanted to let y'all know how much San Francisco Region appreciated the
efforts of the autocrossers who donated their weekend to learn flagging, com,
t&s, and pit fire.  Did I miss any?

Personally, it would've been worth it just to spend one group as a passenger
in the pace car!  The driver was asked to step it up a bit going up the hill,
and I sure was glad he knew what he was doing, 'cause turning down into the
corkscrew it sure looks like you're about to do a Thelma and Louise!  And if
the bottom drops out in 8A  like that at 35 mph, I can't imagine it at
speed!!!

They'll gladly train more people, too.  I was pretty amazed at the lack of
roadrace workers...

Charlie